Since we took office on June 1 2018, the Board of OhioSMART has been working behind the scenes to plan high-quality educational events and play parties, engage in community outreach efforts, expand our special interest groups (SIGs), as well as review our bylaws to evaluate our age range, membership structure, our governance, and our Consent and Incident Response Policies and Procedures.
Long story short, we’ve been busy! And now, we want to talk in depth with our community to do a few things:
- Review and celebrate our SIGs, events, and outreach, and share more about what else you can expect in the future
- Update our membership about our financial health and operational costs
- Review our website and discuss member only forum options and privacy
- Vote on changing the age requirement for membership
- Share more about OhioSMART’s Consent and Incident Response Policies and Procedures (with special guests!!)
- Do our best to answer questions and share more about what our goals are for the growth and longevity of our group, while doing our best to incorporate suggestions from our membership (and potential members) about how to serve the community in a principled, ethical, and consent-centered way
Member or not, everyone who wants to be involved in OhioSMART is welcome to attend, though our caveat is that anyone who has been banned from the organization is not eligible to be involved in our forums.
Doors open at 7:30 and the meeting will start promptly at 8 p.m. The doors will lock at 8:05 until the Forum is concluded around 10 p.m. Any late arrivals must be cleared in advance with the OhioSMART Board.
Though we will do our best to respond to ideas or questions, the Board does reserve the right to decline to comment or limit what they share in some circumstances. That being said, our goal is to be as transparent as is reasonable. You may submit questions in advance to email@example.com.
During our vote, only current members will be allowed to participate. Membership must be current as of December 8, 2018.
We want to be clear: while we value participation and contribution from the community as a whole, our primary directive is to serve the current members. You may not join OhioSMART the night of the Forum just to vote, though you are welcome to join at the conclusion of the Forum.